Watch: Netflix Reveals First Trailer For Mark Millar’s Super Crooks Animated Series
Despite Jupiter’s legacy be canceled after only one season, Netflix The Millarverse continues to expand, following its acquisition of Marvel’s Millarworld imprint in 2017. Next up is the animated series Super crooks, based on the comics by Mark Millar and Leinil Francis Yu. With this premiere next month, the streaming giant has now unveiled its first look trailer for the show, which you can see above.
Like a mix of the superhero genre, anime and Money Heist, Super Crooks follows little con artist Johnny Bolt as he assembles a crack team of eight villains – including The Heat, The Gladiator, and The Ghost. – to help him interpret a last point before retiring. Like the trailer says, just because you have superpowers doesn’t necessarily make you a superhero.
Netflix has also revealed the full cast list for the Japanese and English dubbing for the 13-episode season. Here is the Japanese cast:
- Kenjiro Tsuda as Johnny Bolt
- Maaya Sakamoto as Kasey
- Hiroshi Yanaka as Christopher Matts
- Yasuji Kimura as Carmine (The Heat)
- Pierre Taki in the role of the Gladiator
- Junichi Suwabe as Josh (The Phantom)
- Hisao Egawa as the salamander
- Eiji Takemoto as TK McCabe
- Subaru Kimura as Sammy Diesel
- Tetsu Inada as Roddy Diesel
- Wataru Hatano: the Praetorian
- KENN as a forecast
MORE ON THE WEB
And here is the cast for the English dub:
- Jonah Scott as Johnny Bolt
- Abby Trott as Kasey Ann
- Jason Marnocha as the bastard
- Doug Stone as Carmine / The Heat
- Beau Billingslea as the Gladiator
- Bill Butts as Josh / The Ghost
- Bill Rogers as TK McCabe
- Bruno Oliver as Roddy Diesel
- Ben Pronsky as Sammy Diesel
- DC Douglas as the Praetorian
- Zeno Robinson as a forecast
From showrunner Dai Sato (Cowboy Bebop, Ghost in the shell), Super crooks is billed as a prequel to the original comics, with the final episodes of the season overlapping with the source material. Netflix clearly has high hopes for the Super crooks franchise because they announced in June that a live-action series also based on the comics was in the works. The live show will pass Super crooks, the same title as the original comic.
Other Millarworld projects at various stages of development include television series for Magic order, American jesus and Reborn as well as films for Empress, Huck and Sharkey the Bounty Hunter. The universe of Jupiter’s legacy will also be resent in one form or another in the future, this has been confirmed.
But for now, be sure to catch Super crooks when he debuts Netflix in just over a month on November 25.