Classic Anpanman Animated Movies Make Exclusive Debut on Tubi
Streaming service Tubi announces that seven films from the classic Anpanman franchise have joined its ever-expanding anime collection.
Anpaman is one of Japan’s oldest multimedia franchises, having produced a plethora of manga series, anime shows, movies, Christmas specials, and video games in the 40 years since its establishment. design. Fans can now stream and enjoy seven of the classic movies from the superhero franchise online.
Streaming rights for Anpanman were acquired by Tubi earlier this year, and all seven films premiered on the streaming service on September 10. Each of them is available in their dubbed versions in English and Spanish.
The seven films are as follows:
- The adventure of happiness, who follows Anpanman’s new apprentice Happie as he is tempted by Baikinman to join the evil side.
- Starry Dollie, which tells the story of Dollie, a woman who Anpanman saves, and features Baikinman trying to build a mold robot to defeat the titular superhero.
- The Secret of the Fairy Rin-Rin, which involves an epic journey to find more magical flowers that give Anpanman his powers.
- Blacknose and the Magic Song, which sees the superhero face off against Cana and Blacknose as the evil duo try to destroy the joys of dancing, singing, and delicious food.
- Revive Banana Island, who finds Anpanman trying to save the titular Banana Island from being ruined on cloudy and rainy days.
- Nanda and Runda from Star Toys, who follows the selfish Princess Runda and her lovable robotic companion Nanda as they attempt to find the Princess’s missing magic wand.
- Shine! Kulun and the stars of life, which involves Anpanman fighting the mysterious Kulun, who is trying to end all life in the world.
The original Anpanman Takashi Yanase’s series of picture books lasted from 1973 until the author’s death in 2013. They follow the adventures of the superhero with an anpan (a pastry filled with red bean paste) as the head. The franchise as a whole is incredibly popular and profitable in Japan; for example, picture books sold over 80 million copies in February 2019.
Additionally, in 2011, Bandai discovered that Anpanman was the most popular fictional character among children (ages 0-12) in Japan for 10 consecutive years, and the superhero currently holds the Guinness World Record. of the most popular character in an animated franchise.
The seven Anpanman the films join Tubi’s ever-expanding collection of animated shows and films, which already includes Fist of the North Star, Lupine the 3rd part 2, Cowboy Bebop, Ouran High School Host Club and several entries in the Yu Gi Oh ! and A play franchisees.
Tubi is a completely free streaming service that offers over 35,000 movies and TV shows as well as several local and national news channels. It’s available on Amazon Fire TV, Roku, Apple TV, Chromecast, Vizio TVs, Samsung TVs, PlayStation 5, and Xbox Series X / S.
KEEP READING: Toei Animation Bringing Dr. Slump & Saint Seiya: Hades to Tubi
Demon Slayer fans line up for 5 hours for a bucket of popcorn
About the Author